What are Stem Cells?
The term stem cell refers to “biological cells that can divide and differentiate into various specialized cell types, and can self-renew to produce more stem cells”. Typically, stem cells are found in almost all the organs and derive their name from the source, e.g. stem cells from embryo are referred as embryonic stem cells (ESCs), stem cells from bone marrow are known as bone-marrow stem cells (BMSCs), stem cells from fat are known as adipose stem cells (ASCs) and likewise. NuGene’s cutting edge technology utilizes adipose stem cells (ASCs), derived biomolecules and growth factors, which are highly capable of stimulating cellular proliferation and differentiation. Each cytokine/protein/growth factor produced has a unique characteristic function. For example, EGF increases the proliferation of fibroblast, which synthesizes collagen and elastin; and IGF-1 increases the synthesis of hyaluronic acid. The overall effects of these factors result in increased skin elasticity, reduction in fine lines/wrinkles and improved skin vitality.
NuGene Anti-Aging Mechanism
Efficacy Test Report in the Skin:
Penetration Test Report in the Tissue:
Treatment of Cream including Nanosome containing FITC labeled Growth Factors and Peptides.
Trans-dermal delivery system using nano-capsulation:
One of the biggest challenges of the skin care science is the delivery of the active ingredients to the skin. In NuGene, we overcame that obstacle perfectly by using breakthrough nano-capsulation technology. Using this technology, ASCs derived cytokines and growth factors are embedded within a nanosome or capsule. The advantage of nano-capsulation is two fold; it improves the penetration of the biomolecule to the skin and also protects them from getting degraded by other ingredients in a skin care formula.
Chemical Synthesis of Peptides:
Peptides are made of individual amino acids that are linked together with a peptide bond. Through our extensive research, we have also discovered a number of peptides, which mimic the function of the naturally produced growth factors in the human body. The advantage of using peptides over growth factors is their stability in a skin care formula, thogh it is not complete in structural integrity as expressed by proteins in vivo.
Stem Cells based Delivery of Growth Factors:
Use of human stem cell technology for delivery of growth factors is one of the leading advances modern science has accomplished. Scientists at NuGene, using a patented technology and novel methods, have been able to induce stem cells to produce growth factors in pure and native form and in larger amounts, resulting in a vibrant and young skin.
What is the Science Behind NuGene?
- Human Adipose Stem Cells: NuGene is a pioneering brand in skin care products using human ASC derived active biomolecules in its skin care product line.
- Human Growth Factors: NuGene is the first brand in skin care products, that uses a variety of Human Growth Factors in its products in biologically active concentrations.
- Mass production of growth factors: Using cutting edge science of cell culture and molecular biology, we are able to mass-produce adipose derived ASCs. With patented technology, we achieve an exceptionally high yield rate and superior quality of biomolecules from these AScs. This purification technique allows us to use effective doses of these growth factors and cytokines in our skin care system.
- Nano-capsulation: Nano-capsulation is a unique technology in which the active ingredients delivered by ASCs are embedded within a sphere. The outer layer of this sphere consists of components similar to those found in the cell membrane. This would dramatically enhance the penetration of these biomolecules into the skin cells. Furthermore, it prevents these growth factors/cytokines from becoming degraded by proteases present in the mixture.
Are Growth Factors the same as the Growth Hormone?
No, they are not. Growth hormone is a single protein made by the pituitary gland and released into the blood stream. The main function of the growth hormone is to stimulate the growth of musculoskeletal tissue. This hormone is critical during childhood and puberty, and its severe deficiency results in dwarfism. In contrast, growth factors are a family of proteins that are produced in small amounts by a variety of cells. They usually act in their microenvironment and on the neighboring cells. They stimulate the proliferation and protein synthesis in their target cells.
Who should use NuGene Skin Care System?
NuGene skin care system is beneficial for both young and mature skin. These products are designed to prevent the aging of the skin, and even reverse the signs of aging for both men and women.
What else is in NuGene Skin Care System?
There are other ingredients in the NuGene skin care system. There are anti-oxidants to protect against free radicals and UV rays, which are major contributing culprits of aging of the skin. NuGene has multi vitamins, amino acids, and minerals to support the young texture of the skin, and moisturizing ingredients to hydrate the skin.
Are these Products Safe?
The human ASC derived proteins, cytokines and growth factors are completely safe. They are structurally and functionally similar to the ones delivered in vivo, therefore, no allergic reaction is expected from topical application. NuGene has been clinically proven to be safe.
Why use Stem Cells in the NuGene Skin Care System?
Human skin is a living organ which performs dynamic activities such as growth, repair, and maintenance. Even though our skin requires growth factors as key modulators of skin cell metabolism and function, their expression level decreases as we age. This decrease is attributed to the slow down or non-function of the stem cells self renewal capability and protein expression, thus resulting in diminished defense capacity of the skin. To overcome this, scientists at NuGene adopted the use of human ASCs as they can be differentiated with large plasticity for the repair and regeneration of the skin, by self-limiting cell division and production of cytokines and growth factors. More importantly, the biomolecules delivered by ASCs are pure in nature and native in structure. These ASCs, and products thereof, are not recognized as foreign by the human body, prevent graft versus-host reaction and provide hematopoietic support. These biomolecules upon topical application result in improved skin elasticity and plasticity, hence the accelerated rejuvenation process.
NuGene Skin Lightening Mechanism
Quality control steps taken by NuGene Inc to ensure highest standard of quality and safety in our skincare products?
- Our products are tested for shelf life stability by a certified laboratory
- Each batch is screened for the absence of microorganisms by a certified laboratory.
- Each batch is labelled with lot number and expiration date.
- The adult stem cells are per-screened for any HIV, Hepatitis B, and all other communicable diseases/infections etc. before their use in cell culture process. Certificate of Analysis (COA) is acquired and kept on file.
- NuGene Inc. is registered with the Personal Care Products Council.